Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Some "me" me-time

Given, it's totally my own fault, but I haven't been doing any just for fun scrapping. I was just plain feeling down most of last week and spent what little time I did scrap trying to get ahead on my design team work. 

Monday I changed that! I scrapped just for me and managed to tie it into my two favorite challenges - The Paper Girls Challenge Blog and Scrapbooksteals MWM - Peridot 3 sketch.


The Paper Girls challenge was based on a color scheme - coral, navy, cream with yellows and greens. 

The green and floral papers are from Graphic 45's Fashionista.
The cream cardstock is American Crafts Classics.
Eyelets are WRMK.
Twine is from MME All is Bright and WRMK.
Black sewing machine thread.

The background was one big messy experiment on a piece of loose paper I'd been given at a local crop. I used one of my Studio Calico banner masks and finger applied modeling paste over the mask. Once dry I rubbed my Ranger Distress Faded Denim pad right over the top of it. The banners are most visible near the bottom though you can get some good hints of the original paper's print along the sides.

5 comments:

  1. I feel like I want to study this layout for a while. There's a lot of detail going on and yet, with a step back, it is beautiful and seemless and cohesive. It doesn't at all seem "planned" which I think really adds to the beauty. Pinned that one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the background! So much texture, dimension, and detail!

    Thanks for playing along at PGCB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great LO! I love the eyelets at the top! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the eyelets and jute are such a perfect touch! Thanks for linking up with the Paper Girls.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...