Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Use It Tuesday - Guest Design Post

I'm so excited to bring you this week's Use It Tuesday. Those of you who've been around for a while know that I really like to dig into my stash and use the old stuff and scraps almost as often as I *have* to play with my new paper! That means that the old stuff pile is shrinking and soon it might all be new, one can dream right? 

Well, this week you have to USE it. No seriously, you gotta for this one at Use It Tuesday Challenge #55:  Can’t Touch This (use a beloved favorite).

 Pull out that most treasured, hoarded paper in your stash. For me, it was a piece of paper that I bought in the first couple of months of scrapbooking - a piece of MME floral paper (don't ask the line, I don't know). I just love the colors and how the flowers are so like doilies, you almost wouldn't believe that I bought it on clearance because it seems pretty on trend!


I used my Silhouette Cameo and a Lori Witlock file I bought during the recent shape sale to make a little card box, with 5 cards, to give to my mom for Mother's Day. Soooo cute. 


Not only was the floral paper old, but the cards are made from old papers. The green comes from my mom's stash and she thinks it's old Stampin' Up - it's been around for at least two years, probably three. The pink came from DCWV's Animal Crackers stack - I bought that to make party invites for V's first birthday. And if that's not enough, the pink embossing powder for the sentiment came in a pack of colors that I *really* wanted and it has sat unopened for at least a year. 


All together, a cute little gift that my mom will certainly put to good use. She always needs thank you cards in her stash.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm- hoarded paper. I don't know what you are talking about. If I can get around to it, this is one for me. I've really been trying to use the stash.

    I really like your card set. Your mom will be able to gift a very pretty thank you to someone else. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...